Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jessica's ninth treatment

It was Friday march 23 and Jessica got her treatment. She did really well! The doctor also informed us that she only plans on giving her three more treatments. That is great news but scary. She asked us if she could get a second opinion from a doctor from St. Jude out in Memphis Tennessee. We of course said yes.Jessica has done so well we are so amazed, but just when we thought our lives couldn't have gotten worse they did.Jessica had a little accident this weekend. It was Saturday evening while we were all out back doing yard work, Hailee wanted to get in Jessica's baby swing , now Jess has a swing you mount to your patio so my mom put Hailee in it. While Hailee is swinging my mom is holding Jessica in her arms, Hailee wants Jess to sit on her lap so my mom put Jess on there and thought it would be okay since she was standing right in front of them. Well Hailee felt like she was slipping off so she started to wiggle herself back into the swing so to make a long story short they both slipped right out of the swing on to the concrete. I was out back also so when they were falling I saw them right before they hit the ground. All I heard was Jessica's head hit the ground. I rushed over to them and picked the baby up and checked her head and I applied ice on it but I couldn't see anything so I took her out back to tell Richard because he hadn't seen what had happened, so when I told him he took Jessica from me and then I started to check her head again when I saw blood coming out of her ear. It was one of the scariest moments in my life but I have had many of those.So I immediately called 911.They came pretty fast and took her in. They did a ct scan and thank god it came back negative. They said she must have ruptured a membrane in her ear and that's where the blood was coming from. So they released us but before we left the emergency room we asked the doctor if they were going to run any more test because I felt something else was wrong with her or she was just really sore from the fall and the doctor said she's okay. So we went home and it was about midnight and I put Jessica in bed and she laid in that same spot all night which is not like her because she is a wiggler so I said to Richard something is wrong with her.So I took her shirt off and sure enough she had a bump and a bruise on her shoulder so we took her back to the emergency and they took some x rays and sure enough she had a broken collar bone.My poor baby is going threw so much. There are days when I just feel like I can't handle this any more I try thinking positive but I just can't understand why god lets things like this happen.It's just not right.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Dont Fret! God doesn't let these things happen its just life. Sometimes its hard and sometimes its smooth sailing. These things will pass. You are so strong and handeling this with better than you think! Jessie is amazing and so strong. This seems like it hardly even phases her. Use her as an inspiration and the rest of us for our shoulders because when you need to cry or even just a hug we are here!

Margo Riboni said...

Jessica has been in my prayers every night. I will light a candle and send a special prayer for her upcoming surgery! I know I'm missing out on precious times with my family and little Jessica. But, I know she is surrounded and blessed with great parents and a wonderful family. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. Aunt Margo