Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pre op appointment Dec.6th

Jessie had her pre op appointment on Dec. 6 th at 2:30. We left about 12:30 and Jessie slept most of the way. Of course she woke up right before we got there. You'll never believe what she
said. The moment she saw the parking structure she said mommy Doctor for me he give me owe it broke my heart. I told her no baby there only going to check your ears she said okay. When we talk to the doctor he told us she had a few tumors on her right kidney so he was going to try to go in and see if he could save her kidney but he was most likely going to remove it. Her surgery is going to be Dec. 7th but he had to push it till Monday Dec. 10th. You know that was also really hard for us because we prepare ourselves for this then it gets pushed out don't get me wrong I loved the fact I got to bring my baby home for a couple of days. As we were registering her we got a call from the doctor saying we had to take her back to the hospital and take her to gets a ct Scan on her chest, abdomen and pelvic area. Now this should be interesting because she is usually sudated but any way he needs this before surgery. So we get there and they want her to drink some contrast, ya right. So they bring it out in a cup with a straw and she wants no part of it so then I thought maybe if we put it in a bottle she will drink it. I took her off the bottle a little more then a month ago she looked at me with a grin then put it in her mouth and took it right out and she said no mommy! She wanted no part of it.So then we had to bribe her. It took forever but she drank some of it. Then they had to give an Iv in her arm and we were not to happy about that because we are use to having them always access her portacath but this nurse was not comfortable doing that so that was an adventure but over all she did great I am so proud of her! We then got called in for her ct scan and she screamed and cried and we had to tell her that it was going to be okay and that they were only taking a picture of her belly and they were not going to hurt her any more. We had gotten a cup and put popcorn in it that one of the nurses gave us so we could bribe her when she was getting her ct scan because Jessie loves popcorn. We told her if you get your picture taken we will give it to you let me tell you it worked. She did great so maybe this means she will never have to be sedated again. Hopefully We left the hospital about 9:15 long day! Next morning I got a call from Dr. Lee's nurse and she said they forgot to take a chest x ray and I needed to go back but she made arraignments for me to go to Riverside Kaiser instead of sunset kaiser. We were pretty mad. But what can we do. So Jessie has to be checked in by 5:30 in the morning Monday Dec. 10th. We will keep you updated.

3 comments:

HeatherC said...

We love you Jessie, we're pulling for you!!!!

Unknown said...

Chin up and much love form all of us here in san diego
we will pray.
leo

sylvia said...

Our love and prayers go to you and the family,
with much love, your tia Sylvia from Georgia